Hong Kong protest-related website says users' access blocked

tagreuterscom2021binary_lynxmpeh0905q-viewimagetokenukfrhuv30fkdnwcfl7ge4e7vri2axfet81kix5wuiti_asvrytr.JPEG


HONG KONG (Reuters) – A Hong Kong website that publishes material mainly related to anti-government protests in 2019 said its users’ access had been blocked by the city’s internet service providers (ISPs).
The website, HKChronicles, said it began receiving reports from Hong Kong-based users saying they could no longer access the site since Wednesday evening.
“After discussing and investigating with our supporters, we found that some ISPs of Hong Kong have deliberately dropped any connection to our servers, so that the user could not receive replies from our servers, resulting in an inability to access our content,” chief editor Naomi Chan said in a statement.
The South China Morning Post, citing unnamed sources, said on Sunday that Hong Kong police had invoked the city’s national security law for the first time to block HKChronicles.

Read More on Datafloq
Credit: Source link