Mario may have been first, but Sonic isn’t lagging far behind. Sega’s famous hedgehog is getting his own Lego set.
This is actually thanks to the Lego Ideas program, where fans can submit their own plans for themed Lego sets. In this case, Sonic fan Viv Grannell entered this idea for a Sonic box. It then got over 10,000 votes, a requirement for becoming an official Lego product.
The set takes its inspiration from Green Hill Zone, the first level from the original Sonic the Hedgehog and the recent Sonic Mania. It takes more inspiration from Sonic Mania, including the giant Dr. Robotnik (I’ll never call him Eggman) mech that served as the stage’s boss in that game.
The Sonic Lego set doesn’t have a release date yet, but wo do know that it will have a worldwide release.
GamesBeat’s creed when covering the game industry is “where passion meets business.” What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you — not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it.
How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and “open office” events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties
Become a member
Credit: Source link